St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Altus, Arizona
Stained glass restoration for St. Mary's Catholic Church, Altus, AR -Photo: Br. Stephen Treat, O.Cis
Our Lady of Perpetual Help, also known as St. Mary's Catholic Church, located atop St. Mary's Mountain in Altus, Arkansas was built in 1902 by Swiss-German settlers to the area and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The church is known for its Sistine Chapel-style paintings and grand Roman Basilica architecture. Brown stone blocks cover the outside of the church, while the inside walls are lined with ornate gold leaf.
Conrad Schmitt Studios restored the beautiful stained glass windows, painted the frames and installed protective storm glass.
As part of the decorative interior restoration, the murals and stations of the cross and the walls were restored and finished with ornate gold leaf gilding.
Click on a thumbnail image below to view a larger photo.
Related Services For This Project:
To view projects, make selections below and click the "go" button.