St. Peter’s Catholic Church

Montgomery, Alabama

Built: 1834

Original Architect: John P. Dickerson

Challenge

To renew the spiritual environment of St. Peter’s Catholic Church, Montgomery, Alabama with an embellished decorative scheme, as well as a new altar, ambo, baptismal font and restored Stations of the Cross.

Solution

A warm color palette and gilded accents were chosen to create a welcoming environment for the church. The decorative molded plaster ceiling was added to draw the eye upward and toward the altar. The font, altar and ambo are inspired by the architecture of the church and incorporate marbleizing, gilding and stained oak. The original high altar, formerly white, has been gilded, burnished and glazed to serve as a beautiful backdrop for the liturgy. The Stations of the Cross, formerly white, were brought to life with realistic coloration and added gold leaf accents.

Restoration of the St. Joseph Chapel

PROJECT PORTFOLIO

Click on a thumbnail image below to view a larger photo.